Well a few months ago me and my sister decided we would use our spare room and put an advertisement on a website called couch surfing. The idea was to take in people planning to visit Liverpool and sight see, in return they don't pay but feed themselves and sleep on our spare bed.
I have to admit I was really against it at first thinking 'if they don't pay anything why should they stay!'
As you can probably guess God told me off and reminded me of this verse:
'Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The
King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the
least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25v37-40.
We have a spare room why not use it when these people are desperate, and so I started to do it myself and made myself a profile too.
There is a reason for this blog as well as what I've just shared, not everyone is called to take someone in but I encourage you to look for a person in need and pray.
I must share this and it is proof that God's timing was amazing as my last couch surfer (that's what we call them) came for 2 days to see the whole of Liverpool. She actually was gone for hours but she made it back in time for housegroup which I was running.
Let me tell you, I was going to do a quiz which I changed my mind about after doing my morning devotion about 'Forgiveness'. My idea was to talk and find biblical evidence of why we should forgive and then give people the opportunity to let go of people we hadn't forgiven and give it to God.
Let me also tell you that my couchsurfer was going to come a week earlier therefore missing what I was to share. Timing!!
Later after everyone had left we discussed house group and she shared with us something that had happened involving a church and someone she had to forgive, and that she had forgiven that person that night. Also apparently according to my sister she had brought herself a bible just before coming to Liverpool Timing !!!
'There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:' Ephesians 3v1.
Remember God's timing is everything and you don't realize how much your helping people by giving them a couch to sleep on and many places to travel to in return.
God Bless
lizzie
No comments:
Post a Comment