Friday, 28 January 2011

Love is..

You know what this might be my first blog but I read enough I thought I might write something for you. I started my weeks statuses with the words of 1 Corinthians 13 aka the love chapter to most people.

Why? Not only is It one of my favourite verses in the bible I most admit breaking it up over the week has help me To find the mean more clearer. What does this say to me well before you read it in full after I’ve finished the statuses.
I say to you that I have always known God is love and this verse describes how we should live are lives as an a example of how God loved patiently and kind. Its not talking about the soppy kind of love where the ooh and all that it the love that surpasses all understanding love that is unconditionally I bet you all think ive heard this one before right.
No the truth is we should live each day and speak truth in love with Gods help and with a heart that isn’t out to gain a buck or bum on seat it about reflecting the presence of God through his love.

'If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.'

If I leave this life just sharing Gods love in his way rather then bringing anyone to Christ I will be happy.
 I say the greatest blessing is to show your love in God way not by your own gain but just for the true compassion of the Lord.

x

1 comment: